Code Enforcement Division
The Code Enforcement Division administers fair and unbiased enforcement of the City’s Municipal Codes to correct violations of property conditions and land use requirements, including:
- Provide a uniform, consistent yet flexible procedure to insure that all citizens of Arvin are equally represented.
- Minimize the necessity for legal action by allowing ample opportunity for voluntary compliance and correction.
- Promptly responding to complaints regarding structures and/or conditions which present a health and/or safety hazard to the public.
The Code Enforcement Division enforces City Municipal Codes to ensure public health and safety including as it relates to:
- Abandoned, Wrecked, Inoperative or Dismantled Vehicles,
- Building and Housing,
- Weed abatement,
- Public Nuisances and blight,
- Solid Waste, and
- Unlawful Dumping of debris.
This Office is Certified by the International Code Council
Building Official & Code Enforcement Officer
Schedule: Tuesdays and Thursdays, 8:00 – 4:00 PM