The Arvin Police Department is the agency responsible for law enforcement within the City of Arvin which is located in the San Joaquin Valley in Kern County. Arvin serves a population of approximately 20,000. With a high level of public service and strong contacts with area law enforcement, the City of Arvin Police Department's function is to protect people and property. The department relies on the community as a partner in identifying how the police will deliver their services, how these services will be prioritized, and establishing department goals and objectives.
Please feel free to contact them with any police-related matters or questions you may have about how you can be a part of the thriving community partnership with the Police Department.
The Arvin Police Department’s goal is to concentrate its services through strategic elements, which are the most critical to effective policing within the community. Those elements include:
- Focus on training needs of all personnel to ensure the highest quality of service to all citizens
- The members of the Arvin Police Department are committed to being responsive to the community in the delivery of quality service
- Provide, evaluate, and improve upon all policing services to the community
- Recognizing the responsibility to maintain order, while affording dignity and respect to every individual; the objective is to improve the quality of life through a community partnership that promotes a safe, secure community
- Researching and implementing regional policing concepts such as police training and data interoperability
The City of Arvin Police Department is a community-focused police force that works in partnership with local government, residents, and businesses to keep the City safe and secure. From acclaimed youth programs such as P.A.L. and the Explorers to well known Neighborhood Watch Groups, the Police Department has developed integral programs that are a daily part of the City's community.
History of the Arvin Police Department
The Arvin Police Department was founded in February 1961 when Don Morgan was inaugurated as the first chief of police. The first department was located at 745 Bear Mountain Boulevard in 1/2 of an old service station building. In 1966 the City built a new police department located at 200 Campus Drive. In 1979 an approximate 6,000 square foot addition was added, the department still resides at the 200 Campus Drive Location. The department is made up of 28 sworn and non-sworn full-time employees, 4 Reserve Officers, Explorer Post, and a Police Activities League.
It is the mission of the Arvin Police Department to provide service with honor and respect, to protect life, to enforce laws, and to perform our duties in partnership with the community thereby increasing the quality of life for the entire Arvin community.
Wondering about your neighborhood? Check out Arvin Crimegraphics website and look up your area.
- All Other Crime Reports: $25
- Bicycle Registration: $3 (per bicycle)
- Character Reference Letter: $25 (local record only)
- Citation Sign Off: $10 (per citation)
- Copies of Citations: $15 (per citation)
- Finger Print Cards: $25 (per card)
- Live Scan By Appointment: $25 - DOJ fee not included
- Storage/Impound Vehicle Release: $150
- Traffic Collision: $25
- Vehicle Repossession Fee: $15
The City of Arvin has an exciting opportunity for committed individuals to pursue a career in law enforcement. This career provides a rewarding opportunity to make an impact in your community. For more information, please view the job application on the Government Jobs page.