Code Compliance Division
This Office is Certified by the International Code Council
The Code Compliance Division focuses on administering a fair and unbiased enforcement program to correct violation of property conditions and land use requirements.
- Administering a fair and unbiased enforcement program to correct violation of property conditions and land use requirements.
- Providing a uniform, consistent yet flexible procedure to insure that all citizens of Arvin are equally represented.
- Minimize the necessity for legal action by allowing ample opportunity for voluntary compliance and correction.
- Promptly responding to complaints regarding structures and/or conditions which present a health or safety hazard to the public.
The Code Compliance Division corrects violations that threaten public health and safety related to these areas:
- Abandoned, Wrecked, Inoperative or Dismantled Vehicles
- Building and Housing
- Public Nuisances
- Solid Waste
- Unlawful Dumping