About the Arvin Police Department
The Arvin Police Department is the agency responsible for law enforcement within the City of Arvin which is located in the San Joaquin Valley in Kern County. Arvin serves a population of approximately 20,000.
The Arvin Police Department’s function is to protect people and property. The department relies on the community as a partner in identifying how the police will deliver their services, how these services will be prioritized, and establishing department goals and objectives. The Arvin Police Department’s goal is to concentrate its services through strategic elements, which are the most critical to effective policing within the community. Those elements include:
- Provide, evaluate, and improve upon all policing services to the community
- Focus on training needs of all personnel to ensure the highest quality of service to all citizens
- Researching and implementing regional policing concepts such as police training and data interoperability
- The members of the Arvin Police Department are committed to being responsive to the community in the delivery of quality service
- Recognizing the responsibility to maintain order, while affording dignity and respect to every individual; the objective is to improve the quality of life through a community partnership that promotes a safe, secure community.
History of the Arvin Police Department
The Arvin Police Department was founded in February 1961 when Don Morgan was inaugurated as the first chief of police. The first department was located at 745 Bear Mountain Boulevard in ½ of an old service station building, In 1966 the City built a new police department located at 200 Campus Drive. In 1979 an approximate 6000 square foot addition was added, the department still resides at the 200 Campus Drive Location. The department is made up of 28 sworn and non-sworn fulltime employees, 4 Reserve Officers, Explorer Post and a Police Activities League.
It is the mission of the Arvin Police Department to provide service with honor and respect,
to protect life, to enforce laws, and to perform our duties in partnership with the community
thereby increasing the quality of life for the entire Arvin community.