How Do I?

Report Pot Hole Repairs, Street Light Outage, Graffiti Removal and/or Code Enforcement Violations

All of these reports should be directed to the Community Development Department at 661-854-6183. Typically, repairs require a maximum of 10 business days to complete.

To abate graffiti on your property, a Graffiti Release of Liability Form provided below must be completed and submitted to City Hall.  You may deliver or mail the form to the Community Development Department located at 141 Plumtree Drive, Arvin, CA 93203 or call 661-854-6183.

Graffiti Release of Liability Form (English)

Graffiti Release of Liability Form (Spanish)

Obtain a Building Permit  

Visit the Community Development Department or view the Building Division’s Building Permit page to learn more about how obtain a building permit.

Report All Other Complaints

If you have a complaint to submit to the City of Arvin, please call the City Clerk’s Office at City Hall (661) 854-3134.  You can also send your complaint by fax to (661) 854-0817 or by mail to City Hall at the following address:

Attn: City Clerk’s Office
City of Arvin, City Hall
200 Campus Drive
P.O. Box 548
Arvin, CA 93203

Report Street Light Outages

For reporting Street Light Outages in Arvin, you may go directly to PG&E’s website at:

You may also call City Hall at (661) 854-3134 and they will file the report with PG&E for you.

Some lights are serviced by the City, however most lights are serviced by PG&E.

If after filing a report with PG&E, you receive a message indicating that PG&E does not service that light and instead serviced by the city, you may call to report it to City Hall.

Before calling City Hall or PG&E or going onto their website, please have the following information available:
– Pole Number(s) (located somewhere towards the middle on the pole)
– Location of the pole (cross streets and nearest address)
– Type of pole/light, if known:
On a traffic signal pole
On a light pole
On a metal pole
On a wood pole
On top of a post
Not on a pole
HP Sodium Vapor
Mercury Vapor


Report A Public Emergency and/or Hazard (Especially During Non-Business Hours)

Contact the Arvin Police Department for public emergencies and/or hazards, especially during non-business hours (e.g., evenings, weekends) at 661-854-5583.

Start or Stop Service – Water & Utilities

Water: Arvin Community Services District
309 Campus Drive
Arvin, CA 93203
Phone: (661) 854-2127

Electric: PG&E
Pacific Gas & Electric Customer Service Office
Electric Utility Company
1918 H St
(800) 743-5000
Open until 5:00 pm

Cable: Brighthouse Networks
4450 California Ave., Suite A
Bakersfield, CA 93309
661-323-4892 or 1-800-734-4615
Hours: M — F 8 am – 6 pm
Sat 9 am – 1 pm

Gas: Southern California Gas
P.O. Box 3150
San Dimas, CA 91773
1-877-238-0092 (available 24/7)

View the Bus Schedule

The Bus Schedules for the City of Arvin can be viewed by clicking the following links:

Additional information can also be found on the Transportation Page.

View Job Openings

Current Job Openings can be found on the Jobs Page.

View City Council Meeting Agendas

The City Council Meeting Agendas can be found by clicking here.

View the Arvin Municipal Code

The City of Arvin Municipal Code can be found by clicking here.